Fresh pesto pasta
store and have it ready to go before hand.
- 50 g basil
- 100 g pine nuts or roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 300 g wholewheat noodles
- 1/2 chilli, sliced
- Put all the pesto ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Using a dribble of oil, fry the chilli until tender.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions. When cooked, drain and tip into a serving bowl.
- Add the pesto to the noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Spice up your dish with a sprinkling of the cooked chilli.