Mixed berry upside-down pavlova
- 6-12 meringue nests pick the most caramelised chewy ones, not the white ones
- 800-1000 g fresh or frozen mixed berries be aware frozen fruit needs a lot of sweetening
- 500 ml whipping cream or double cream
- 1 tsp sugar optional to taste
- Splash rum optional to taste
- Toppings – mint, candied nuts, drizzled melted dark chocolate… optional, have fun with it!
- Place the fruit in a low wide serving bowl. If using frozen berries add brown sugar or honey to taste now.
- Whip the cream & add in the rum and sugar to taste.
- Pour the whipped cream over the berries, covering them.
- Crush the meringue nests into a bowl taking care not to over-crush them – roughly to the size of small marbles.
- Scatter the meringue over the cream – the idea is to cover the cream an inch deep so use more meringues if you need to – any extra nests you buy will store well so there should be no waste.